Senator Santiago’s Reason behind on its walkout

Senator Santiago becomes mad that she have walked out on the Commission on Appointment hearing.

 “I resent being embarrassed in front of my own committee and in front of nominees who have come here in Barong Tagalog,” Senator Santiago said during a press conference after the walkout incident.


Senator Santiago the fact that she is a cancer patient and a chairperson of the said committee, was made to wait by her committee members. Only Farinas were present when the officially hearing started at 11 a.m.

The lady senator noted that the original schedule was 10 a.m., then  she moved to 11 a.m. because she could not come early to the Senate.

Ni reset ko, isang congressman lang  ang present as you notice. Tapos iniinsist  nya (Farinas) na  tapos mag-quorum. Ibig mong sabihin, pahintayin ko lahat ng nominees na yun hanggang sa dumating ang mga ito?

 “Ako chairman paaantayin ng aking members?” Senator said.

 “I’m always punctual, not as a personal eccentricity but because I hate to make the public wait.

I’m suffering from self-inflicted stress. Na-i-stress kasi ako pag hindi ako punctual e. Nahihiya ako sa publiko,” Santiago said.

The senator was hoping that since she has a cancer, the members of the committee is expected be considerate on her condition, the same consideration they give to sick members.

I’m nearly facing death in my face. I have told everyone that death is indeed a very beautiful experience so I am no longer pulling my punches. pag corrupt—corrupt, pag mali-mali,” Senator Santiago said.


No comments:

Post a Comment