ASG keeping the German hostage in the ground hole

One of the two Germans that were held captive by the Islamist militant group in southern Philippines said that he was held in a hole in the ground in which he had been told that it would be his grave if ransom demands were not met.

The German doctor Stefan Okonek and Henrike Dielen seized by Abu Sayyaf last April when their yacht broke down in southern island of Palawan, they are being held on the island of Jolo, the hotbed of the Islamist militants in south of mainly Roman Catholic country.


Abu Rami, spokesman for al Qaeda—linked Abu Sayyaf, said that the group will execute the doctor at 3 p.m. Friday when the $5.6 million ransom had not been paid this was by last Friday's deadline.

The militants demand includes Germany halting support for the US-led air strikes in Syria.
"They told me Friday that they will kill me," doctor said in a certain radio interview monitored in Zamboanga City. "I'm here in a hole. It's a big hole three meters [by] five meters. They told me this is my grave. They push me inside the hole.

"... I hope I will still get out from here... but I have not seen anyone from the government to get into the situation that tries to get us out."


General Catapang deployed seven battalion’s soldiers and marines on the island as officials work for the hostages' release.

No comments:

Post a Comment